Black Moustache

Sunday 6 September 2015

Fasting Month ( Ramadhan ) and Me

   Ramadan holds a unique position in the hearts and minds of our community. It is a special time of the year where the blessings of Allah are abundantly bestowed upon the believers. The whole community fasts with such enthusiasm that any outsider would think that they are nuts! Every evening, the mosques across the world are packed with Muslims listening to the Quran in the Special Tarawih prayer.



favourite food

      My first Ramadan was very fantastic because I celebrated with my new friends in new state,Kuantan. It was really hard for being apart with my family. But on the positive sides, I met new people. I tried hard to blend with all these new thing. I manage to control my temper and all my bad behaviour. What important is, my level of calmness increase in this beautiful ramadan month because we had our orientation day during that month. Its kinda hectic and challenging for me to be honest. I like the surroundings here. I had new food during my fasting month such as Nasi Kerabu, chicken born and budu. Budu is really a freaking taste i've ever had. Taste nice actually. Time orientation day, we break the fast together in college co-facilitator and friends orientation. Quite reduce my homesick towards my family. A beautiful memories to be remembered. In Kuantan there is these place called "Padang MPK." My friens and I break our first fast as a group over there, It was a new experience for me because i didn't had a chance to do that back in Penang. In Penang we didn't have a special "padang" to break our fast. There were a lots of people came there. The field was very crowded with people from various races.


   Ramadan is about getting things that we can't see but can perceive with our hearts and minds. It's also about giving from that which we love and hold dear and thinking about those that are less fortunate than us. Fasting is a spiritual exercise that has disappeared from many religious practices the world over. However, God almighty commanded his prophets to fast and every prophet and their community would fast - this in itself should be a lesson for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment